Insurance, Fees & Payment – Family Health Center Financial Policies
Below are the financial policies for our clinic. We invite you to visit with one of our billing department members if you have any additional questions.
Patients with Private Insurance, Medicare, or Medicaid
- Family Health Center will bill your insurance as a courtesy. Our billing department works hard to bill your visit accurately and timely. To help in this process, please bring your insurance card with you to your appointment so that we can make a copy for your file. Please remember that your co-payment and/or deductible is due at the time of service.
- We will do our best to help you understand your insurance benefits. However, it is the patient’s responsibility to know his or her benefits.
- If you have a concern regarding cost, please discuss any additional procedures with your physician before they are started.
Patients without Insurance
- Family Health Center offers a 15% discount on office visits if paid at the time of service. There are not any discounts available on lab work. We understand that there may be circumstances that may prevent you from being able to meet your financial obligations. If you are in need of assistance please speak to the billing department. They will work with you to possibly set up a payment plan.
- If you are a new patient to our office and do not have any insurance we require a $100.00 down payment on your visit prior to being seen. After your visit is finished the front office will let you know how much your total visit is. We encourage you to try to pay the entire balance in full so that you will be able to take advantage of the 15% discount. Please remember that services such as blood work, immunizations, EKGS, etc may increase the total charge. If you have a concern regarding cost, please discuss any additional procedures with your physician before they are started.
- If you are a new patient to our office with insurance we will bill your insurance for you. Please remember that your co-payment and/or deductible is due at the time of service.
Patients visiting from out of town
- Family Health Center understands that illnesses or injuries won’t wait until you are home to see your regular physician. WE are happy to see our out-of-town visitors and bill your insurance. Please remember that your co-payment and any deductible amounts are due at the time of service.
Motor Vehicle Accidents
- Visits for a motor vehicle accident must be paid for at the time of servce. We do not bill to attorneys or auto insurance carriers. Our billing department will be happy to provide you with a copy of the bill for your records.
Patients with a Balance
- We understand that there are circumstances that may require you to make payments on your balance. We do offer interest free payment arrangements as a courtesy. Please talk with one of the billing specialist for more details.
- If you are on a payment plan and you do not fulfill your obligation your account may be turned to collections. If this happens, you may not be able to be seen again in our office until all past debts are paid in full. All future visits may be required to be on a cash only basis. If you have current insurance it must be verified prior to your appointment.
- If your account reaches over $500.00 we will require you to bring your balance below that in order to be seen again.
- We understand that you may need to be seen in the office before your balance is paid in full. If you are currently set up on a payment plan and future visits may increase your balance, we may need to increase your minimum monthly payments as well. Not to exceed $500.00
Patients referred to Collections
- Patients who have been referred to collections will need to speak to the billing department prior to scheduling his or her next appointment.